Monday, February 15, 2010

'Boo Yah' it's a word you know!!

Apparently it means 'yee-haa', or 'woo hoo'. It's not like 'awesome' though, because 'awesome is different, it's just awesome'. All this information from Minnie of his day at school.

Wow !!





Oh and also, apparently (yes, I have used that word twice now), 'Batman is gay'. This comment from Eggz. I asked what did he mean by that, and he told me that 'it's not good Mum, like when we play throw ball and someone does it soft like, well that is gay.'

I told him that when I was a kid, 'gay' meant happy, or brightly coloured. Yes, you guessed it, I got the screwed up face look.

So we looked it up. (My First Macquarie Dictionary - Gay = bright or cheerful.)

I thought that 'sick' was bad enough last year. You probably already know that 'sick' means 'fantastic', 'cool', 'great', etc etc. *sigh*

So is it true that cleaning bathrooms and ironing is 'gay'? And is a cherry ripe, crisp and cold straight from the fridge when the kids are in bed now 'sick'? Oh, along with a lovely chilled glass of wine? And is it 'boo yah' when you take that sale item to the checkout and realise that it's been marked down by 1/2 again?

1 comment:

ana @ i made it so said...

i find myself referring to the urbandictionary.com far too often these days... a true sign of getting old ;)

and i'm so glad you jumped in and shared this week! booyah!