Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ode of Remembrance

"They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them."



To all our brothers, sisters, mums, dads, partners, aunties, uncles, cousins, friends and neighbours who are posted away from their loved ones, we are thinking of you all this Anzac Day, and pray for your safe return home.

Lest we Forget.

2 comments:

Joy Heather said...

I second all that you have said Joyce, we owe them so much.. However i dont think my comments get through to you ??..I have commented several times, but none of them appear..i hope you get this one, just so that you know i do read your blog and comment quite often..Joy

'Joyce' said...

oh Joy, I do apologise, I am so hopeless, I signed on here tonight and saw all these comments from yourself and other friends. I am afraid I am not too bright, I don't have my comments set to be moderated, but some of them are coming through that way. I do apologise, please forgive me. I will check my signin page in future. Thank you for your lovely comments.