Sunday, December 12, 2010

Jump, Joyce, Jump!!

oh dear. . . . where do I begin. . . . I have a little secret, well it's not so much a secret, but I have something 'in the works' that I have not muttered to a single soul. *sigh* Not even to my bosom friend. *sigh* It's not bad, it's not illegal, it's not earth shattering and no humans nor animals were harmed in the process.



. . . . so why can't I just come out and say it? Why do I mull, and quiver, and shiver, and shake. . . . simply because I don't think it will work. I don't think I will succeed, I think I will be laughed at, I think the feedback may be rather negative and honestly - I don't think I can handle that, even tho, inside at the very back of my head, I hear a voice over and over saying, 'you silly girl'.

I am typing this now, so that I can look back one day and one of the following options will apply.

1. If I go ahead with this that -

1a - if it fails, I will be a silly girl, and really should listen to the inside of my head.

1b - if it works, I will be astounded, and really should listen to the inside of my head, cause it could be saying I am being silly for worrying and balking.

1c - if it fails or if it works, I have given it a go and either way I have succeeded as opposed to not even taking up the challenge at all which would be rather lame, and seriously what is life all about if I sit in a corner and do nothing.

2. If I don't go ahead with this -

2a - I will NEVER KNOW.

2b - see '2a' above.

2c - refer '2a'.

You are the first to even have a hint that something is on my mind, that something has been drawn up, measured, calculated, drafted, sewn, ribboned, tried for size, redesigned, resewn, and been given the accepted nod of approval to continue.

Wish me luck that I find the courage to stand by my little idea and come forward. I promise to keep you posted.

Thank you for letting me get this anxiousness out of my fingers and into the keyboard, even tho I haven't been totally forthcoming with all information, *b-kerk* (chicken noise) it does feel better even admitting this far.

I think I like option 1c. That is the advice I would give someone else. I just need to Jump!

Have a lovely week at your place, and tell me, do you get scared to jump sometimes, and do you regret that you haven't made that jump and missed an opportunity in the past? I would love to know.




8 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

I have to admit, I tend to be a little stuck in my ways... Moving to my new apartment last October 2009 was a nightmare, and I'm so glad it's over, and I'm STILL adjusting to the new place (shaking my head, but trying to remember to COUNT MY BLESSINGS!)... I'm a creature of habit, and tend to be afraid to take that step, so I admire you for doing so... IF indeed that's what you DO! Either way you decide, I wish you the best of luck! (0; Have a great weekend! ~tina

Rita said...

Hey, I have the very same feelings about an idea that I have. I've read books and will get another very good one for Christmas. Both books are somewhat like text books. I've learned a lot and will learn more as I work the process. But oh my....my thoughts so much like yours. Jump in girl! What is there to lose. Keep a little quiet about it until you have an idea if this might work. I have found through life that others are negative and once they start in on me I cannot move forward. I'm excited for you. You can begin now. I need to wait until I retire in the next year or two. I'll look forward to hearing what you have to say.

- said...

Joyce, you sound like you are ready to explode and that you are happy about it...go for it!

Jacey said...

Ooh how exciting!! Can't wait to find out what your new venture is. xx

Elisha said...

It sounds like you are really excited about it. I always find the question is "what do I have to lose" If theres nothing to lose, go for it! If you have to mortgage the house, car, dog, kids, etc.... think carefully. I am dying to know what your thinking of. hope to find out soon :-)

'Joyce' said...

oh gosh, I am overwhelmed, had to get me a tissue. Thank you my dear blog friends, thank you more that you will ever realise. *sigh* It's not a big venture, not by any means, but well it's handmade, it's part of me, and it's a little scary, but I am going to start small, very small, I think this will be more sensible to start this way.
Tina, Bless you, you sound like you have come through a rough patch or perhaps still travelling that road. Take care, and thank you for your lovely words of encouragement.
Rita, how exciting for you, and yes, it's the negative comments from those who's opinions possibly are not at all important that tend to scare us off once and for all. That is partly why I have not said anything to anyone, including my hubbie. Thank you for your support and I also wish you the very best for your adventure as well in the future.
Clara, thank you dear friend, I do feel rather excited about it, but shivering with fear at the same time - so silly really, but its the anticipation of the project and possible rejection that is there all at once.
Jacey, thank you, and yes, I promise to keep you posted. It's only small in the whole scheme of 'things' but it's MY thing, my idea, *sigh* oh gosh.
MonetPaisley, I look to you for inspiration with your beautiful girls swimwear, you took the leap, you have succeeded, and succeeded so very well. You totally inspire me and you have gotten me off my butt and to the sewing machine finally after having this little idea in my head for quite a few many months now, actually it would have been back around Easter (end of term 1 of school, when we did our little caravan trip) that it all started to come together, but brushed aside and has been nagging at me since then.
I will keep you all posted, I just need to get a few more minor bits done.
Thank you again, I just don't know where I would be without your friendship and support. Bless.

Annie said...

"Come to the edge,' He said. They said, 'We are afraid.' 'Come to the edge,' He said. They came. He pushed them...and they flew." Guillaume Apollinaire

My favourite quote! Go for it - there is no such thing as failure!

Annie xx

Ky said...

What a great quote!!!

I usually like to weigh things up.....What is the worst thing that could happen if you go for it??? What is the worst thing that could happen if you don't??