Wednesday, January 19, 2011

10 x 10 x 10 - Day 10


Day 10

Good Evening from my desktop.  I did have grand plans for my last day of this project, however, when I arrived at Spotlight (the location for my 10 x 10 x 10), I realised that I didn't have my camera with me !!  So with the impending thunder storm about to break loose above our heads, I didn't wish to turn back home either, and with the boys doing swimming lessons this afternoon thought I would be cutting it fairly fine with time.  

As it turned out, we arrived home just as the thunder storm hit *phew*, which ended up being a bit of a storm in a teacup, because it lasted a rather short 20 minutes or maybe even less.  There is still a storm out there somewhere, because we are the lucky ones to have been gifted with a stunning night show of brilliant flashes across the sky. 


Never mind, I can get back to Spotlight another time.  (I still have visions of taking photos of rows upon rows of fabrics, ribbons, curtain rails, and yarns.  *sigh*)


And so yet again, you are being *ahem* 'honoured' with photos from my day.

Main photo - goggles ready to go into swimming gear bag.

Collage -
1. Part of afternoon tea.
2. Bunting which hangs near our dining table.
3. Another part of afternoon tea.
4. Yes, again afternoon tea - we sort of didn't have lunch today because we returned a play date favour and we had lots of fruit and carrot cake which was from about 9.30am through til just after 12pm.  So a big afternoon tea of more fruit, cheese and bikkies and a sweet treat of coconut ice. 
5. Hem of the dress I am wearing today.  
6. Quack.
7. More library bags made.
8. Ribbons purchased earlier at Spotlight to be used for the library bags.
9. My comfy seat which was used as part of the cubby house built by the kids and their friends earlier today, of which the cushions are still very liberally scattered about the lounge room (!).

Thanks so much for coming along for the ride.  I totally enjoyed this little 10 x 10 x 10 project, and I think I am going to do this again later in the year.  I have met some lovely bloggers doing this project as well, of which I am very much looking forward to getting to know.

Let me know if you decide to do it, I would love to see what makes your world turn.


I am off here now to cut more fabric which I hope to sew up tomorrow for more library bags.


Thanks so much for visiting my place today.  Sweet dreams to you and yours, or depending on where you live, rise and shine to a wonderful day at your place.  




5 comments:

Annie said...

What a wonderful idea! You have been very creative with your photos - they are great!!! :)

'Joyce' said...

Hullo Annie, thank you. I have had so much fun pointing and shooting. I loved this project and noticing what is around me each and every day. I did have hopes to get out and about in public with my camera more that I did, however, I still had lots of fun. I hope you are all ok at your place. This rain has just been so awful. Bless.

Colette said...

Oh can I pop in for afternoon tea next time - looks delicious!
I was thinking the first picture was a blown glass something or other, goggles though - of course!

I've just photographed today's 10, I have enjoyed this project but I'm glad to be at the end now, I feel ready to be creative with my hands again. Love that I have 'looked' so much more though.

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Look if Woody and Bob would like some lessons I'll happily send Barbie over for a while. We have so many Barbies that a couple won't be missed. Apparently they do get renamed by the girls, thank goodness for that!

I'd feel too silly taking photos in Spotlight, you are so brave to consider it. I'm not happy with them right now as they don't have any white cotton fabric left. Imagine that? And I need some too.
How many library bags have you made now? Do you have a number in mind? I bet they look fab all together.

'Joyce' said...

Hullo Colette, it was strange taking my photos today. I almost felt guilty that I was cheating even after having finished the project. It was lots of fun.
Hullo Sarah, lol, I actually saw an Australia Day Barbie I think it was. She was dressed like the Opera House. I just cracked up laughing. She looked lovely, but really the Opera House Barbie!!!!!! *sigh* I suppose Barbie has dressed up as everything else already.
lol, I just would love to get that angle at Spotlight of rows upon rows of curtain rails or something like that. I will let you know how I go, might have to wait til school goes back.
Gosh white cotton fabric, what is the matter with them.
Re the library bags, I have enough cut out to make 39 today and am whizzing through them, I hope to be able to make at least another 8, but could be more if I cut smart.